Saturday 12 June 2010

28. New Hair

I've been thinking for a while about getting my hair cut shorter. My first inspiration was Lollipop26 when she decided to go for the chop to grow luscious, damage-free locks back and then We Are Glitter went for the chop too! I thought their hair looked gorgeous. So since then, I've been umming and arring about what to do. I decided a couple of weeks that I was sick of my split ends and general dryness of my hair and I was so fed up with trying to get a comb through it after washing.

I had a hair appointment for a full head and cut so I was brave and went for the chop. The result?

I love my hair again! Apologies for the photo. I look like a rabbit in headlights. My hair feels soft, is split end free and I can mess it up and get some real volume (not shown in this photo!). My hairdresser cut long layers to give body but so it's not too short when tying up. She then cut in a shorter side fringe as my fringe had totally grown out which adds a bit more interest to my previous rather ordinary mane.

My boyfriend likes my hair now because he can actually get his hands through it instead of me very unromantically screeching in pain from the knots! And it doesn't take quite a long to dry so he doesn't have to put up with the sound of my hairdryer for quite as long!

One thing I'm struggling with though is new hairstyles. Do any of you have any tips for easy up dos for shorter hair?

Naomi
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.