Monday 17 May 2010

25. Under The Sea

I'm talking about sea weed and in particular sea kelp. I learnt today that sea kelp can improve the condition of your skin, hair and nails and also aid weight loss. I don't know how I haven't heard of sea kelp before because I've heard of most herbal style concoctions/tablets that claim to aid weight loss but not this one.


I'm not overweight but my weight can fluctuate 5 pounds up and down and as I'm only 5"2 and a size 8, I can feel a big change when I'm at my "largest". I hate it when my clothes feel that bit tighter. I think I wrote on a previous post that I'm a smaller person stuck inside an obese body and sometimes my obese side gets the better of me! I'm blaming Easter as all the chocolate somehow trained my body into craving more and more. Bad times.

So, I'm at what I would call my "largest" which is 5 pounds heavier than my smallest and preferred weight. I usually cut out most snacky foods and try to eat less at work and for dinner. Combining this with my normal gym routine usually sorts my few weeks of reckless eating out.

Now I've read a lot on the internet about sea kelp; some people swear by it, some people claim nothing happens, some people experience side effects such as tummy upsets so I'm going to try it out and see if anything happens! I'm planning on taking the tablets for 1 month from today and after that, I'll let you know my thoughts and hopefully results.

I'm not taking sea kelp purely for the supposed weight loss effects but my hair is fine and my nails always seem to split so I'm interested to see if there are any improvements on this front.

Have you taken sea kelp? Do you have any thoughts on it's effects?

Naomi
xx

P.S Tablet number one taken and it smells like the sea. Pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.