Monday 10 May 2010

24. MAC Soba Eyeshadow

I'm completely addicted to eyeshadows. Brown eyeshadows in particular. Any colour, any tone, nearly any finish (I can't stand matt) but as long as it's brown, I'm happy. I do wear other colours but 9/10 times there will be brown present.

My favourite brown eyeshadow of all time is MAC's Patina (Frost). It's a gorgeous cool shade which I use pretty much everyday. Anyway I digress, I am getting somewhere I promise! I picked up MAC Soba the other day as I fancied a muted, pale brown shade to wear either all over the lid or on 2/3. The eyeshadow has great reviews on Make-Up Alley so what do I think?

The first photo is of the pan and I would say the colour is spot on in this shot.


Here's Soba on 2/3 of my lid with Mulch on the outer 1/3. (Apologies this is a crap photo but I did a 10k race yesterday morning and this was taken after. Yes, I do exercise in make-up but it was a very neutral look in my defence!)


I heart Soba lots and lots. It's a Satin so has a sheen with a very small amount of shimmer which makes it perfect for an everyday neutral look. The colour goes on brilliantly and lasts well. I have hazel eyes and Soba is understated enough to show off the true colour of my eyes without being overpowering.

I would definitely recommend Soba to any hazel eyed lovelies.

Naomi
xx

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely shade. You always manage to find nice eye shadow combos!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice :) I want!
    Love your blog.
    Check out my blog!
    Xoxo Veronica
    fashi0npassi0n.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats such a pretty colour and looks really nice on you- do you think it would be any good for green eyes? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your blog....

    xox0

    http://styleandpleasure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fern - I've been having a think and I'm not sure. My eyes are hazel and Soba makes them look browner. Not to say Soba wouldn't look good on you but I'm not convinced it would enhance the green of your eyes xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.